Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ: ALIM), founded in June 2003, is a pharmaceutical company that specializes in the commercialization and development of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals. We are presently focused on diseases affecting the back of the eye, or retina, because these diseases are not well treated with current therapies and will affect millions of people in our aging populations. Alimera Sciences’ management team are dedicated and focused to making Alimera a leading ophthalmic pharmaceutical company. Our team has demonstrated expertise through the extensive commercialization and development of ophthalmic products. Our strategy behind Alimera is to:
- Successfully commercialize ILUVIEN®, an intravitreal implant designed to release an anti-inflammatory for up to 36 months to help patients with diabetic macular edema. ILUVIEN is indicated in the United States, Canada and select Middle Eastern countries for the treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME) in patients who have been previously treated with a course of corticosteroids and did not have a clinically significant rise in intraocular pressure.1 Learn More
- Successfully commercialize ILUVIEN in Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom where it has received marketing authorizations as “ILUVIEN® 190 micrograms intravitreal implant in applicator”, for the treatment of vision impairment associated with chronic diabetic macular edema (DME) considered insufficiently responsive to available therapies.
- Obtain approval of ILUVIEN for posterior non-infectious uveitis in our current European markets.
- Expand our commercial footprint into more of the European markets where we have approval but no commercial presence, and to obtain approval for ILUVIEN in Australia.
- Evaluate other countries for ILUVIEN
- Pursue products that will be accretive and complimentary to our portfolio in the U.S. and Europe.
- Operate as an entrepreneurial minded company, creative and resourceful, accountable to others, motivated by the difference we can make in patients’ lives.
For information about joining our team, please visit the Careers page
to view our current openings.